09 January, 2007

Happy New Year and a fond farewell

First of all let me wish everyone a very Happy New Year. Hope your 2007 has started with as much fun and feverish activity as mine has!

With New Year also comes a time for new resolutions (forget the fact that the old ones may not have yet been fulfilled) and this year I have decided to focus my blogging energy on
  1. Newsmericks
  2. Regional language blogging
So where does that leave this blog, my first, which brought me into the world of blogging? This blog was meant to be a storehouse of my thoughts and feelings about all that I saw, read and much more. However, somewhere down the road, it became a place where I stored some of my hap-hazard poetry and then that too dwindled away into nothingness.

I think it is a time for a voice in the wind to say goodbye. Thank you all who stopped by here. Will let you know if I decide to return in a different avatar. Till then, see you at Newsmericks!

2 comments:

8&20 said...

Dear Aparna,

It has been more than 2 years since I read your writings, after you stopped posting here. I came back to seek inspiration again, and found it one more time, despite the repeat reads. I really do miss your posts, and if you ever choose to write here again, I would assure you one avid reader, no doubt :).

I used to write poetry alone on my blog back then, but have since moved on to writing anything and everything that comes to mind. Perhaps I too am trying to capture the voice in the wind now, in whichever form it will speak to me.

I hope you are well. I'm glad you're still active on the Newsmericks blog :).

Much love,
Neha [8&20]

Onion Insights said...

Hi Aparna

We at Onion Insights (onioninsights.blogspot.com) are always happy to come across bloggers like you. We are also glad to inform you that your writing skills can now be put to good use and you can make some extra money too.

Get paid to shop, dine and report and make some extra money using your writing and observation skills. The concept is pretty simple. Top retail chains, five star properties and fast food chains in India hire our services to get their stores evaluated through the eyes of a normal customer. We are looking for people in Kolkata who frequently visit these outlets and write well.

Every week there are a certain number of reviews in your city. Based on your availability and interest, you can choose to perform a review for us. You visit the outlet and notice what’s going on. You then go to our website and fill in a report which has a questionnaire and comment boxes to help you document your observations.

Within 15-20 days you will be paid a pre determined shopper fee which will include an reimbursement for any amount spent in the store plus an additional shopper fee. That’s how the system works.

Follow the below mentioned steps to sign up as an OI reviewer

Go to this link http://www.sassieshop.com/2dcs
Click on new shopper sign up
Click "India" under new shopper and click on "go"
Enter your basic information in the form and click on "sign me up"

Please call us at +919769781001 or shoot us an email at support@onioninsights.com if you have any other queries or any difficulty while signing up.


For more details log on to www.onioninsights.blogspot.com

Warm Regards,
OI Team